New members welcome for 2021
|Type of post:
||Choir news item
||Fri, 15 Jan 2021
Do you want some joy and harmony in your life? Join our choir and be enriched by the therapeutic power of community and singing!
New members are warmly invited to join us in 2021. Our new year of singing starts on Tuesday 2 February 2021 at 7.30pm at St Ninians Church, corner Brigalow and Mouat Streets, Lyneham.
Prospective new members must contact our Membership officer before you come - email Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit our Become a member page and while you are there, read about the many benefits of singing and check out our 'Listen to us' page and our YouTube channel. No auditions or previous singing experience are required.
It was a different sort of singing year in 2020. From March to late October, we suspended our face-to-face rehearsals but continued to enjoy each other's company on Zoom. We resumed face-to-face rehearsals in late October and followed strict Covid safe protocols according to the plan required by our venue. We were delighted to be able to perform in a Covid safe Christmas Picnic Concert in December - outside, socially distanced, everyone checked in and only for family and friends. So lovely to share music once again! You can see our Christmas performance on our YouTube channel.
Our strict COVID safe protocols will continue in 2021. They include:
We look forward to welcoming YOU as a new member in 2021!
- rehearsal from 7.30 to 9.30 pm with a short break mid way
- all members to check in using the CBR Check-in app
- we request that the kitchen is not used so bring your own drinks (water/tea)
- seating arrangement with chairs at least 2 metres apart and use of only one chair during the rehearsal
- no sharing of music, pencils etc
- use of natural air flow as much as possible
- routine of sanitising and wiping surfaces.
- no attendance if you are unwell
- no attendance if you have visited a designated 'hot spot' in the past 14 days
- no hugging or physical contact.